View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Alisito
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016
Default College and flight school helpp

Hello I'm in my last year of high school and its time for me to make a plan quick and I need advice and any tips I can get since I want to become an airline pilot and be in a regional after college. So I've been looking into FIU (4yr degree) which is in Miami and get a degree in something useful since many say an aviation related degree is useless, and and the same time get my ratings little by little so when I finish college I have all my ratings plus cfis and hopefully my 1500 hrs done. So I can head to a regional after college. I am planning to get my ratings at different schools around, based on price ranges(the estimate cost for every rating comes up to around 33k). And I'm going to try to get my ppl this year if I get a job hopefully. Any tips on how am I going to pay for flight school (no worries for college tuition pretty sure I'll get enough Aid and scholarships) and fit a job. Has anyone done college and flight school at the same time? So u get the idea and tips, ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.