View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 05:42 AM
7576FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 737 CA MIA

Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
hey 7576fo
Would you do it again ? I'm 10% in my bid status , and ~300 away from CA. Would be commuting from IAH, which is fairly painless to Mia or LAX. I commuted to reserve for years, but not under the new system.
Joe
Yes Joe, I would do it again.
If you are a 737 FO you'll love it. If you come from 777 or 75/76 then you'll love being CA but hate the 737-800. It is awful.

I enjoy taxxiing the airplane. Occasionally on the triple someone would let me taxi, a blind monkey can taxi a 777. It's that effortless.

For me it was 19 years and 1 month since I was PIC and I missed taxiing. I enjoy making flight plan decisions and solving problems as nicely as possible, and in an enjoyable manner for everyone.

I try to and am nice to everyone. I do take easy Q's at the gate when printing the flight plan to help the gate agents. Only easy Q's though.

The new reserve system works much better than older leveling systems.

The 737D CA's work less than us 737I CA's.

I live in Ft laud so it is manageable for me. I get premium every month and turn lots of it down.

I only did LC last Nov and Dec and I liked it because those were slow months sort of. And I could plan better things like tennis and women LOL

I might, it'll be close get a line with PBS in Feb 2017.

Private message me your number and I can tell you more.