View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 05:14 PM
Baron50
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Cub Cap

Originally Posted by NoDeskJob View Post
Always appreciate the words of wisdom Albie.
I'm struggling with this situation now...
Working at DL for about 6 months. Currently driving to work in ATL, but wife's job will keep us moving for the next 6 years. So this non-commute is only temporary. My friends at Fedex seem to be loving life, and your contract looks good. If LAX weren't so senior, I probably would have applied yesterday, but we want to live in SoCal eventually and I know LAX is senior at FedEx.
You don't happen to have a seniority calculator to plug in a hypothetical DOH to figure out how far up the ladder one could rise, do you?
This has got to be the most annoying millennial thread of the year. By all means "buy the forty acres" become a deacon, give this profession up for all our benefit. There are thousands of qualified people that would appreciate the opportunity. If you don't like working for the sleazy Wall Street investors, there is nowhere for you to go, all major airlines are the same. Until you retire, you will not know if you made the right choice, ask any PAA or EAL pilot.

Recognize that you are only a tool of capitalism. To be discarded at the whims of the inhumane corporations. They owe you nothing and you owe them nothing beyond the 1st and the 15th, that is the deal you made. They don't love you nor are they suppose to. You may never be happy with the harsh realities of commercial flying, the military is probably where you belong.

On the other hand, if you get over yourself and can leave religion, politics and sexual proclivities in the parking lot, you may have a future. The idea is to not kill anyone, support your sisters and brothers and have fun, in spite of the miscreants that will try to keep you from attaining those goals.

Don't listen to the Albie's in this world