Thread: Reserve

Upsddown , 08-15-2016 09:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Upsddown
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2015
Quote: LUS reserve was MUCH better. The schedulers simply treated us like adults and recognized that there are contractual limitations to what they can do.

I came from a regional, and LUS reserve was a breath of fresh air. It wasn't always perfect, but they didn't play stupid regional games and wipe their butts with the contract the way schedulers do now.

LAA has some big problems in this area-and these problems are getting worse. Maybe the new model hasn't reached all bases yet-and all equipment types, but it damn sure has reached mine.

I never thought I would have to go back to silly ass reserve games like the worst regionals play-but what I am seeing now is just about as bad as anything I have ever seen.

And given CCI and ACARS abuses sure to hit in October, it will get worse.

I know I am junior. I also know reserve is not supposed to be awesome. I just wish we had scheduling like we used to. I don't think contractual and FAR 117 compliance is too much to ask.

The games of late are really starting to wear.
Hence all the emails from the union. Management appears to be pushing the limits and it sounds like the union is starting to push back.

It may not be so much the system but the under manning and over utilization.