Old 08-18-2016, 08:46 AM
LAXative
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by Forty5N View Post
The 24 hour duty day does not and will not affect any of the DHL trips.
Having a reduction from 30 hours to 24 hours of Duty is a big step in the right direction. The 24 hour duty days would only affect the weird odd charters from the military or other Gov't entities. Remember, thats only for Double Crew trips. We get to sleep!!!
Contract language could very easily prevent any DHL trip going that far.
As far as lowering the limit even further to 20 hours, that would most likely increase the commercial deadhead segments which most of us deplore.

Someone made a comment about our new rules should mirror the pax carriers and Purple and Brown. Well, NO, they shouldn't. We run in different circles, have different types of trips. I do agree that we need new rules for flight and duty times, but this crap that DW is pushing for same rules for all does not fit our sector of the industry at all! If you want the same rules as the PAX carriers and Purple and Brown, I hear they are hiring. I have been in this cargo business for 30 years. A 24 hour duty day for a double crew is not unreasonable if we get to sleep for some it. That extra 4 hours is enough for us to get the hell out of a very undesirable place that we would otherwise have to overnight in.

Thats my 2 rupee rant.
It's sad that you've been in the cargo business for 30yrs and you still go to "undesirable" places that you have to "get the hell out of". Why do you subject yourself to that abuse?

I too have been in the cargo business for 30yrs and my most "undesirable" place that I can't wait to "get the hell out of" is Wichita.