View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 02:28 PM
mya2100
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Default Anyone had to report an examiner?

Kind of a sensitive subject so I will try and be a bit vague, but has anyone had to report an examiner before, and if so, how?

In the area that I'm in, there are several large flight schools, 2 with a high asian student population. I understand that there is going to be a higher fail rate with the foreign students because there might be issues with their English proficiency. However, there has been an exceptionally high fail rate, with many getting failed twice. Also, one of the examiners used a racial slur during the test.

Another examiner was essentially asked to leave from the school (or rather not asked back) as he failed 10 of the asian students in a row. I'm asking on behalf of a friend (really) who is doing his Part 61, independently, and had the misfortune of testing with said examiner. The examiner has now failed him twice, which he and his instructor believe to be unfair. He's worried that this will affect his future employment.

I was just wondering if there is any recourse, especially with the examiner that used a racial slur during a student's test. (Unfortunately, there is no hard evidence, but there are a large number of students that have had the same experience).

Any advice would be much appreciated.