Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Hand Commander
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by LRSRanger View Post
I'm not aware of anyone thinking AMF will get them to the majors. When I was there most folks were there to get TPIC and ME time to get over ATP mins and move on. Most of my class quit within months, having accomplished their goals. Whether AMF or some other company I believe that feeder cargo on ones resume is a plus. But I don't think 3 years of it is any better than 1 year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed. There's really no benefit in staying after you fulfilled the TPIC requirement for many applications. You can stay longer and get one to three type ratings but its still turbo prop time. Ameriflight has never been able to demonstrate a direct path from their company to major airlines. Yeah, there's been a few that have gone directly to Alaska and Continental/United but the number is way less than 10. Until they can show a path, there's no reason to stay for any length of time if the airlines are your goal because you'll have to go to a regional anyway. We've seen very senior brasilia captains leave for places like Mesa to improve their resumes because Ameriflight alone wasn't enough to get looked at by the majors. In the mean time, the hemorrhaging of pilots and money will continue.