View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 08:59 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Martin, Martin, Martin ... how's that Instrument Rating coming along?

Originally Posted by MartinBishop View Post

Experience is not required for basic observations.

Knowledge is required to make sense of observations. Right now, your ability to look and understand is a little bit beneath that of a dog watching a refrigerator.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with earning a living, and it isn't anyone else's business.

If somebody is taking my job, or trying to take it by undercutting me, it sure IS my business. There's nothing wrong with workers banding together to achieve improvements in working conditions, pay and benefits, either.

However it is unconstitutional for the federal govt to have anything to do with labor, including the NLRB.

Tell me, oh great one, what does the NLRB have to do with this discussion? You haven't the slightest clue about collective bargaining at an airline, do you?

No, a company should be held to uphold its agreements. But it shouldn't be forced in to them in the first place.

Which airline agreed to their Collective Bargaining Agreement under duress? Who was forced to sign?

Which is completely unjust. Why should I be required to pay for it if I don't want it?

For the same reason you might have to wear a uniform and show up at a certain time and place -- they are conditions of employment. If you don't like the conditions, don't accept the employment.

Yes, but the Constitution does not grant ANY authority to the federal government on the issues of labor, except maybe immigration.

Ever hear of railroads, Martin? Did you know that interstate commerce is conducted along railroads? Did you know that labor unrest amongst railroad employees could have a deleterious effect on interstate? Did you know that for that reason, while CBAs under the National Labor Relations Act have expiration dates, CBAs under the Railway Labor Act do not?

Silly me, of course you didn't. More on that later.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/You're_an_IDIOT!!

One doesn't have to be a musician to recognize bad music. One does not have to be an artist to recognize bad art. One doesn't have to be a livelong aviator to recognize a sham when one sees it.

And one doesn't have to read many of your posts to recognize you're an idiot. I don't mean that as an insult; it's just an observation. I think those are allowed on APC. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're allowed, because you're been making a lot of observations about stuff about which you haven't a whit of knowledge or understanding.

Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post

Sharpen your shovel MartinBaker you are using up the edge on it fast.

I'd like to think if I were to find myself digging a hole, and I was getting deeper with each shovelful, I would have the sense to stop digging. In this case, I'm inclined to offer Martin a bigger shovel.