View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 02:41 PM
SpankysLadder
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by soakingpilot View Post
So just taking a look at F9 but a few things.

1. How long on rsv in ORD ?

2. Can someone post up their schedule as apparently there are allot of redeyes so just trying to get an idea of whats what. Preferably from the 1 year 2 year guy/gal

3. As well are the overnights really all at the airport ie no downtown no nice overnights etc? Just makes me think its a real go to work and get done slam click culture which of course has other repercussions in QOL.

thanks
Been here less than a year. Was hired during upgrades and expansion both of which have slowed this summer (typical during summer months). So my experience may not be reflective of someone hired today.

1) Based in ORD within six months, two months RSV and have been a line holder all summer averaging 17 off. One of the months I was on RSV I was only used two days...which was awesome since I live in base!

2) Haven't flown a redeye since first week of July. I'm pretty darn good at swapping trips in open time which have netted me more days off and no redeyes for August. Not bad for a Junior guy...so its possible.

3) Look, the hotels are fine. Not great. Not terrible. Everybody has different tastes. Whatever, I make it work. I guess I'm the "go to work and knock it out kinda guy." Productivity is more important to me than knocking back drinks and chasing skirt on an overnight. That being said, I've already had more than a few crazy overnights here!

And a few more things. The people are great to work with. The training was awesome and laid back. The Bus is great to fly. Pay will improve with the new contract and suddenly F9 will be the place to be. I have no complaints but I've worked hard all my life and came here with eyes wide open knowing that the short term is painful but the long term will be great. Also, F9 is growing rapidly and with that comes growing pains...that's typical to every business.

Hope that helps.