Old 08-24-2016, 02:25 AM
SumTingWong
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Thank you for the reply. The cardiologist office I use is very busy and I never even saw a doctor on this visit, just had the bad news conveyed through the test administrator who I presume was a nurse. I had a couple follow-up questions if you don't mind answering.

As I was cooling down from the test, the nurse noted that my left leg and left arm limb leads were reversed and swapped them. The tech tried to cover her mistake by saying 'oh, I've seen this before and the doctor says it doesn't matter'. Is this a true statement or could this have affected the outcome of my test? If it helps: The "positive" on my test occurred at the 11th minute of the stress test exactly when my heart rate hit 100% effort. The nurse showed me the EKG and (I may relate this poorly, this is not my language) said that the portion of the graph between heartbeats dropped below the resting level-line when I hit my maximum heart rate which could be indicative of a blockage.

If there is any blockage at all, will the FAA require I do some kind of surgery to correct it, or will I just be able to change diet/exercise plan and continue to monitor?

Just a question of office protocol, but since the tech screwed up the lead placement I'm a little concerned. She dry shaved my chest and I have no idea if the blade was new or sterile. The tech was on loan from another office and didn't know where anything was. Prior to placing the lead she couldn't find a razor and left the room. When she came back she had a razor in her hand, I didn't think about it at the time but after I left I realized I had no idea if the blade was clean or had been previously used on another patient. Since she dry shaved me I have mild abrasions on my chest and am concerned she could have spread a disease or bacteria. Is this a concern?

Finally, is it normal to deliver bad news through a go-between? I've got all these questions and I never even saw a doctor. No sleep at all last night wondering what's going on, I'm really frustrated.

Thanks and sorry for the fairly long and rambling post.