View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 11:33 AM
skater3260
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: BE90 Left

Originally Posted by motorboatin View Post
Look pal, I understand what you're saying, but you are off your rocker if you think what we are dealing with here goes on at every other airline. Disregard for a contract, private equity greedily swallowing money, management that is not bargaining in good faith, and now conveniently turning a blind eye to the promises that were inked to the pilots...because of fabricated poor business conditions. The passengers you speak of aren't here because of any sort of customer service. Generally speaking, these are not the type of savvy passengers that devote loyalty to a particular airline. They are here because the seats are cheap. Period. End of story. The management doesn't even care to provide a reasonable level of customer service. Have you ever seen them deal with a family and a lost unaccompanied minor??? I have, twice, and they act as though they couldn't give a damn. They get their money and then they forget about the passenger. That's not customer service. And if you believe that you're gonna make a difference, good for you. But what you may actually be doing is undermining what the pilots are trying to accomplish. To stand unified and get a contract they deserve. This is my 3rd airline and my 1st didn't have a contract. So I've been there. You're paid to fly an airplane. You are underpaid to do so. You should feel foolish sitting in the right seat of an aircraft flying 230 passengers and earning less than $40/hour to do so. I applaud your enthusiasm but pity your lack of ability to understand the reality of what we are dealing with. Mic dropped....
Round of applause for you!