View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 02:31 PM
VTcharter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
The $960 amount is what you can plan on as take home, so after taxes and benefits (i.e. health care, dental, life insurance and 10% 401K) This is every two weeks. The amount on APC or the 3300 per month is based on 40 units a week for 1 month. This is what you are promised. Also Scjfly is right about the schedule, plan on 2 hrs flight time per day with a 10 hr layover. Back home late evenings. Personally, I don't know why you are giving up a citation seat for a 1900. I'm sure if you stuck with your company they would type you and sometime you would be sitting left seat. But hey, what ever floats your boat.
Actually, I am PIC typed and 135 current on the Citation already. I am just looking at the schedule...at this point, QOL is important. The company that I work for now is great. Good equipment, great management. My big issue is the schedule...or lack of one. We are basically on call, not knowing what we are doing tommorrow until 5pm today. I cannot see myself doing that for the next thirty years, and it doesn't sound as though it is likely to change in the near future. I like the thought of a set schedule and I don't really care about 2 hours of flight time per day...I am not trying to build time. Monday p.m. through Saturday a.m with a night layover sounds great to me. It is outstation based, and I am from the outstation city...additionally, the night layover would be fine because my mother lives in that city, so I wouldn't have to deal with the crew apartment. The pay is a bit too low though, so I guess it won't work out. Thanks for the info.