⌐ AV8OR WANNABE
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by Freight Dog View Post
Keep 'em coming...
FD
You bet ya! We are just warming up...

4-year degree:
Are you actually hiring pilots without a 4-year degree? I mean today, not in the past.

Is it just preferred or really mandatory?

What about a 2-year degree?

Would it help to get an interview if a person enrolled himself/herself to a 4-year degree online college?

If so, is there a way to indicate on the application that the applicant is actively working on completing the 4-year college degree?

Nepotism:
Nepotism rule – please specify EXACTLY who would be considered ineligible. In other words: mother, father, son, daughter, etc.

For example will a stepson be eligible to fly for UPS if his step dad flies there already? Again, would be great if they could explain exactly what constitutes “ineligible relatives.”

I understand the rules have been relaxed a little but no one seems to know what they really are.

Poolie questions:
If some is in the pool and have been there for a while – is there ANY way for this person to “improve” his/her score and thus "speed up" a future class date?

For example, if someone got a pool letter a year ago and has gotten an additional type rating since the interview – would that speed up his/her class date?

If so, how should they notify UPS since they were told NOT to contact them?

Should he/she "visit" you occationally at some of the job fairs?

Internship:
Would an internship at UPS improve one’s odds of getting an interview or getting hired?

Job Fairs:
Would attending a job fair improve ones chances?

What would you like a hopeful applicant to bring to a job fair with him/her besides the resume? What kind of chocolate do you like? (it’s a joke, really! )

What are you looking for in particular from the applicants at the job fairs you attend?

Would it help (or hurt?) if I showed up in my UPS uniform at a job fair with the person I’m sponsoring and introduced him/her to you in person?

Thank you very much!

Mega - I hope to see MANY questions from you!