View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 08:53 AM
Gunga Din
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: A320 Right

Originally Posted by iceraide View Post
Any first year FO's out there care to share there average actual take home pay per check?

PM's welcome if you don't to post it up for all to see

and yes, i know I can calculate it using the hourly rate, but I have no idea what kind of deductions get taken out or how much they are (eg, dues, health care etc)
I'm not first year any more and I live in base.
But it's a kick in the sack man. If you're an RJ captain it's very hard to justify coming here.
Training pay is fixed. Can't remember exactly but every two weeks you bring home about $400.00. You heard it right.
You'll be able to add flying once on line but you're at 72 hrs. I've got small kids and working wife so hard to pick up extra. In fact mostly dropped a day of reserve here and there. About 68 hrs month. Even months that I was able to work a lot it wasn't worth it. 6 more hours adds about $160 after tax.
And they sell you on these work rules and conflicts. You're not going to get the conflicts and the work rules are no better than the regional rules. Unless you worked at a crap regional I guess.
My regional had better or equal min day, deadhead, canceled rules. Nothing special here. The conflict and junior man are the only two worth mentioning and it's hard to get those.
You'll bring home about $900-1100 each pay check.
You've got to answer the following.
In 5 years where will I be ahead. If you're a senior RJ captain you'll never make as much as FO at NK. And the last upgrade has already been hired.
Or you've got to bet on another airplane order.