Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 09:16 AM
GreenWater
Contract

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: SR22

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan View Post
Well guys, I flew my last trip at Boutique this week. Heading onto the 121 world. I'll still check back up on the thread occasionally. Good luck to everyone that's applied and waiting for a call. Might just be a waiting game. I was told that applying more than once doesn't help you any though. Only reason I would reapply is if you've accumulated a lot more hours, have new ratings, etc.

Lots of growth happening really quickly. I'll let you decide if that's a good thing or not. Hopefully they can continue to staff the routes. Sounds like Portland is coming soon with Pendleton. Can't honestly tell you when CASS will finally show up so just don't hold your breath on that. It'll get there when it gets there. Sounds like the company is reading this thread and noticing that people are asking about retirement benefits so they're working on 401K for you guys. Overall it's a good place to be. Can't recommend it enough if you're a low time pilot (~500 hours) looking to get out of instructing and build the rest of your time. I have gained some great experience flying here. You will definitely deal with bad weather, IFR conditions, random maintenance issues, and other sorts of delays. When you go to an airline interview and they hit you with the "tell me about a time when..." questions, you'll be well prepared. The other pilots and the CSAs are some of the greatest people I have met and made the job enjoyable even if the flying was rough that day. Keep an eye out on more King Airs to come online. PC12 is a blast to fly but you would be a more marketable pilot in the industry with some multi turbine experience (especially if you get picked to be a captain and can get the PIC experience with it. Company pays for the ATP and type rating).

Company grew a lot in the short time I was there. Will be interesting to see what happens in the coming months. Shoot me a PM if y'all have any questions

Congrats man! Thank you for always being helpful to new pilots trying to get their foot in the door. Best of luck to you in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk