View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 09:28 AM
TrojanCMH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by iceraide View Post
Any first year FO's out there care to share there average actual take home pay per check?

PM's welcome if you don't to post it up for all to see

and yes, i know I can calculate it using the hourly rate, but I have no idea what kind of deductions get taken out or how much they are (eg, dues, health care etc)
First year pay from my experience...

Small check on the 1st of month is about $1000. Large check (over guarantee and per diem) depends on if you're dropping reserve days like I was or if you're picking up stuff on your days off. I've had them be as small as $1000 and as large as $2500 with some move up and a lucky JA while I was already on a trip. I don't pick up open time and have never taken any flying on my days off. Don't budget thinking you're going to be able to manipulate your schedule first year as you'll be on reserve and your hands are kind of tied. On average plan on taking home about $2400 a month with the basic "diamond plan" health insurance and the 9% 401K match. Be ready to rack up some CC debt or dip into savings first year if you're used to regional captain pay. I've heard second year is similar to a junior captain at most regionals. Counting the days until 2nd year pay becomes reality...