View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 07:57 PM
SkyWestPilot1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Finally a Capt.

PinnacleFO
First off I don't know how it will turn out, but you are right, most of us are happy, however I think there are a fair number who are concerned about the future. Also I think there is a large percentage who are uninformed about what we already have in place. I'll use myself as an example because I was uninformed in the past. A few weeks ago I was in ORD and was talking to an eagle pilot. I asked him how he liked alpa and if he had used any of thier "benefits". He said that he had been shorted a significant amount of pay and that alpa was working on getting him paid what he was owed. I asked how quickly they had gotten it taken care of. He said that it had been 2 months but was expecting it soon. The funny thing is he seemed pleased. Ok, well the exact same thing happened to me about 1.5 years ago. It took me 3 days to get my pay. Now, I had to do the footwork and I had to prove to SkyWest that they owed me the money but for 2% of my pay I'll do that all day long. Not to mention that I would have been very upset if I would have had to wait 2 months for AlPA to get me my money. Maybe thats not a good example but it was the only one the eagle pilot had.