View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Doc1010
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Default Recent New Hire Background

Having read through the Southwest threads and the "Who's Been Hired" thread, I'm still a bit curious as to the more recent ladies and gentlemen hired into Southwest. There are a few posts that have some individual statistics, but it's a bit few and far between. Is anybody in the know about what has been favorable to the hiring boards?

Since I started in aviation and considered flying 121, my number one choice has always been to fly for Southwest. As life typically does, many circumstances prevented me from pursuing 121 and kept me in the corporate environment. I'm a Midwest guy, and flying out of MDW would be absolutely perfect for my family and myself.
I am currently flying Gulfstreams for a Fortune 500 company, which is a wonderful place to be but has many of the limitations common to part 91 departments. I have a few types, around 4400 total time, 3500 of which is PIC, of which 1600 is turbine PIC. The remainder is a mish-mash of jet SIC, twin and single stuff from the "cutting the teeth" stages, and dual given from the instructor years. I have a four year degree outside of aviation and a clean record, both personally and in aviation. I also was fortunate (?) to slip in with little trouble for the company career fair this September.

Anywho, long-winded, my apologies, but I'm curious what anybody's thoughts are on my position here. I'd love (spelled luv here?) to be on with SW, and I've received the blessing from the family to change if it is ever offered. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

-Doc