View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 03:01 PM
Moonbeam
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: A330 FO

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
Do you REALLY believe that "computer algorithms" are the *sole* determining factor for who gets called for an interview, completely devoid of human input?
Yes, I think the selection for interviews at the airlines I mentioned are all about algorithms. I also think cover letters and resumes are becoming obsolete. There are plenty of articles on the use of data and and selecting the right candidate for companies. I think one article even stated they track what browser you use to fill out the application to predict certain traits.

I think it is obvious when some of the same candidates get called by all of the airlines. There was an Academy Grad on the "whose been hired" thread that interviewed at all of them and was finally hired at FedEx. I bet any money if he does nothing to his apps he will get called again in 6 months to a year to interview at all of them again.

Explaining to a recruiter at a job fair why you have a poor GPA, have Part 61 training instead of Part 141, online college or whatever the disqualifers are is still not going to make the computer pick you even if it was 20 years ago and they like the hell out of you.

Emerald Coast, Centerline Prep and Aerocrew should have all kinds of data on the people getting actual interviews at the top tier airlines, their qualifications and whether or not they went to a job fair.