View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 03:40 AM
Sputnik
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Petting Zoo

Originally Posted by Psycho18th View Post
First post with a couple application questions from a soon to be retired military guy:
1. Is the "available for employment" date on airline app.com the first date they'd look to interview you, or when you're available for training? I'm available to interview any time, but couldn't go to training for quite a while yet.
2. Any chance they'd bother to look at you almost a year out from that available date?
3. Volunteer work. Are they looking for work experience here, or that you are out helping in the community? Like packing containers at the food bank and coaching a kid soccer team type stuff? I'm not sure if little stuff like that is worth mentioning on an application.

I'm cranking away at the Emerald Coast Interview prep, and getting up to speed on all the practical test knowledge. Anything else I should be looking at specifically?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
1. It's the date you are available to start working for DAL. If life works out, they will interview you based on you starting work on that date if you pass interview.

2. Who knows? What do you have to lose by trying?

3. I'd mention whatever you can. No one really knows what actually matters. That's a great question for EC.