View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 03:40 AM
FLY6584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 737 right

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
The only flak he got for it from me was the cavalier manner in which he claimed he didn't know if he wanted it or not until the last second and minor family things pushed him over the edge, etc. Dropping a kid off for his first day of school LOL yeah ok, that even enters the equation for a multimillion dollar career choice either way.
Actually my sons first day of school played ZERO part in my decision as I explained earlier. Once I was 100% sure I would not take the job I still had friends encouraging me to still go on the interview. I mean I understand that, Southwest could all of a sudden announce a merger with JetBlue or Spirit so it doesn't hurt to leave your options open until the very last second when you have to decide yes or no. So I get that.

I just didn't see a point in going on the interview and missing my sons first day of school if I was positive I did not want the job. Fortunately my decision has paid off thus far and I am extremely glad I made the decision I made. That could certainly change though. It could change tomorrow. It could change 10 years from now. All we can do is make a decision based on what we know today and hope for the best. I'm just happy so many of us have this decision to make today. It's a great time to be an airline pilot.