View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 04:43 AM
badflaps
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: retired 767(dl)

Originally Posted by FLY6584 View Post
Actually my sons first day of school played ZERO part in my decision as I explained earlier. Once I was 100% sure I would not take the job I still had friends encouraging me to still go on the interview. I mean I understand that, Southwest could all of a sudden announce a merger with JetBlue or Spirit so it doesn't hurt to leave your options open until the very last second when you have to decide yes or no. So I get that.

I just didn't see a point in going on the interview and missing my sons first day of school if I was positive I did not want the job. Fortunately my decision has paid off thus far and I am extremely glad I made the decision I made. That could certainly change though. It could change tomorrow. It could change 10 years from now. All we can do is make a decision based on what we know today and hope for the best. I'm just happy so many of us have this decision to make today. It's a great time to be an airline pilot.
Having crossed the "Finish Line" some time ago, I say this, you really won't know till your last day, and probably won't care by then.