Thread: Pilot Housing
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 05:22 AM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Unfortunately I don't have their contact info any longer since we have all been scattered to the winds by the mass furlough/terminations that come with an airline's demise, but I will see what I can come up with...

The parking issue isn't really a big deal, since it is very rare for more than 4 or 5 people to be in the house at one time (despite having 18 residents)... Some crashpads are located in apartment complexes near an airport that provide transportation, or near public transportation (such as the El in Chicago). Of course this is a great benefit since crewmembers don't have to have a crashpad car and the costs that come with one.

I don't know about how the neighbors take having a crashpad, however for the most part the crashpads that I know of tend to stay relatively quiet since it's more of a hotel room than an airline frat house. That's not to say that there isn't an occassional party, but remember that since people have to get up and leave for work at 5am, there should be some sort of agreement between the people who stay there to keep things reasonably quiet.