View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 09:08 AM
myoface
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Thank you all for the advice and info. Let me give some of my thought process. I also believe that one should never pass up a class date. That being said, I also feel that the odds of WN never calling me is slim to none, although as I said earlier...this is a messed up crazy industry! Also, AS would be a significant pay cut, and then to leave after a few months would just prolong the first year pay woes. (Although WN is certainly higher first year pay) I would love to do some of the flying AS has to offer, but not sure it makes financial sense to spend more than one year at first year pay to do that flying.

Mike734, what do you think AS would say when they see a 737 type rating on my cert on the first day of class? I interviewed and did not have it, but got it shortly after my interview there when I learned that I had been selected by WN. Will they freak out about that?

I know this is my choice to make, but I appreciate all thoughts...keep it coming! After 9-11, I never thought I would be in a position to make this type of choice, so I never really thought about it. I do know several friends who are getting multiple job offers, so I think that as a whole that is a good thing for pilots!