View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 02:34 PM
minimwage4
2 days off

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: Embraer Systems Analyst

Originally Posted by Bobman80 View Post
If it makes you feel any better our private Delta forum specifically talks about this aircraft and the orders SkyWest and Trans States have. We are fully aware that changing MGTOW would allow this airplane to fly for you guys and my reps assure me that is not going to happen.

As Rick pointed out, this aircraft is prohibited because the MGTOW violates most scope clauses. When Mitsubishi designed this airplane I believe they were counting on scope clauses being modified to allow it at the regionals but considering most majors have contracts that aren't amendable in the near future (except for Delta which we are currently working on) it seems very unlikely.

Unfortunately, it sounds like more 76 seaters is being talked about but only if the company parks all 50 seaters sooner than planned. We all know 50 sweaters are going away anyway so I don't see the point of making that trade...

So, there may be a few more 76 seaters allowed in any TA we get (which I am totally against BTW) but increasing MGTOW to allow the MRJ is not happening.
Just for the sake of argument, if you already have 76 seaters flying, why does it matter how much that 76 seater weighs? I mean the MRJ is still an RJ, a few thousand pounds over.