View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Nugget#69
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Not to go "high road" on anybody, but if you do that, here is likely what will happen...

1. Nobody in that unit will get hired down the road. Legal or not--hard to prove with a tough interview that the reason he/she got turned down was a bunch of guys from that unit burned the company. My unscientific opinion is there are a few units with a "bad name" out there and guys have a harder time getting hired from them. This isn't' FDX specific...it applies to most majors.

Albie I got to follow up on what you said. I know there are guys out there using the "Mil Leave" card for other than the intended purpose. I've talked to these guys and the response is: it's illegal for them to question me about it.

However here's what they are doing to their fellow pilots. Had a guy who worked for me go to a SW interview a while back. He was getting out at the 14 year point. The interviewer asked what he planned to do with the rest of his AF career. He said probably look for a Guard job. He didn't get the job, and told me, based on the look on the interviewers face, he knew he lost the job with that answer.

I know there are you that will say this is illegal but it's happening. I have heard of several other cases.