View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 10:57 PM
JDfly
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: Delta Captain

UAL T-38 Phlyer,

I added the 0.2 only to my personal logbook based on old IP gouge, airline hiring practices, and FAA rules 18-20 years ago. Today the Air Force regs allow only takeoff to landing +5 minutes, which is what my records reflect. If you know of an additional IIRC factor, I'd love to know what it is. But probably not worth the Records change nightmare I've heard about. I'm soooo close....just bad timing being just shy at the end of my current assignment and eligible to retire. First-world problems!

FDXLAG,

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man! I've hired several companies to review my apps (Checked and Set), co-author my resume (Corporate & Career Takeoff), and conduct interview prep (Emerald Coast Interview Consulting). I'm just completely Airline-retirement ignorant. I've got pretty good insider advice that says the HR teams are not hiring sub-1500. The min is slightly above that today, but rumors are they will all drop to 1500 in 2017. At least that's what my "sources" are telling me. I just want to be above the bar when it hits.

Grumble,

Copy all. I was 100% honest with my personal logbook and the FSDO Examiner. So, I don't think I am playing with fire there. If he was wrong and I get audited, I'll gladly go back to a Restricted ATP until I get 1500. I'm not hiding anything. I can't get hired until then anyway, so it really doesn't change my situation. And I would never put anything but my raw military record flight hours on an airline apps, since they have their own military conversion factor that they use. This is why I asked my question in the first place. I need another assignment to get over the 1500 hours which reduces the time I can give to my next employer. I just want to know how much difference a year or two makes. Appreciate your help. Cheers.