View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 01:14 AM
JDfly
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: Delta Captain

Thunder1,

Back at you brother...thanks for your 23 years. Unfortunately, I've talked directly to (Delta) or indirectly to (others airlines through a former HR team lead that still knows the top hiring guys for each Major airline by first name), and they all say that they are not hiring sub-1500 raw hours. Some even want it to be all PIC (I have 1100 in the Eagle). Some (Delta) say they will never hire sub-1500. While I concur with you that if I were able to get an interview, my ATP, current FAA Class I medical, and the fact that I'm current--actively flying the F-15, all would mean I'm GTG. BUT, the Big 6 all use computer algorithms to pull applications, score them, and call out for interviews. I've had my apps published for six months, and all the companies I've hired to get my paperwork ready say my applications are perfect, my resume is very strong, and like you said...everyone is hiring like wild fire. I haven't heard a peep. It actually would be more financially irresponsible for me to bailout without a job offer, and just say goodbye to the easiest way for me to get the precious few hours I really need. Copy...I understand the seniority and financial loss, but best case I get 200 hours flying the T-38 and retire 1 year later...putting me at just over 21. If you still disagree, let me know and we can take it offline. I certainly admit that I don't know everything. And if you have better SA than I do after all the money I've spent prepping, time I've spent getting my paperwork perfect, and discussions I've had with industry experts....I'm all ears. I would LOVE to transition sooner rather than later. The only caveat I will add is that I'm not available until December and some companies don't give invites until much closer to availability dates. I hear United will start interviewing again in October. I think they would be my best shot at getting hired sub-1500, based on my gouge. BUT, I have to decide retire vs. assignment in October. If they wait to call me in November I would have already committed to another year in the AF. If I punch, and they don't call, I may run for Idiot-of-the Year. Some experienced friends say the number of applicants the companies are dealing with may mean I sit around for 6-9 months just waiting for my call any way. Finally, I'm stationed in Okinawa, and everything is way easier for me if I can retire from the US. Love to discuss further if you think you can help me...