View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 03:05 PM
JDfly
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: Delta Captain

Hacker/Grumble,

Ok, ok, you are convincing me. BTW, I was just asking about the pension thing because I didn't understand it. It was certainly not a driver. Just a minor blip on my pluses and minuses bar napkin. But the thread has evolved into something more relevant to my situation.

Question: Part of my fear of flying for a regional is the logistics. If I have the military move my family to where we want to settle (Greenville, SC), is it reasonable to deadhead to/crashpad in Minneapolis (if Endeavor picks me up). I've heard it is a nightmare to try to commute from any distance in the regionals. If we move to MN, we could end up moving again in less than a year (if I'm lucky). Recommendation?

p.s. I'm thinking...hmmm 6-9 months getting great 121 experience and 400+ hours with crap pay and commuting nightmare, or 9-12 months with Lt Col pay, 100-200 hours, and another move paid for by the USAF. Note: I have three vehicles spread out on the east coast, etc. In the big scheme of life, probably not a driving factor, but all these little things seem to add up and say....just do one more year in the AF....but your email above has me second guessing, for sure!