View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 06:36 AM
Sputnik
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Petting Zoo

I did DEN-ATL for about 8 months. I always knew I was going to move so I didn't spend a lot of time finding the perfect solution. I just bid early sign ins and flew in day before (which sucked btw and I don't recommend it as a long term solution but with that I got early releases and easily made it home last day). The time zone thing complicates it, but on the 88 it would be relatively easy to build a line commutable on both ends.

Had to book jumpseat and majority of time I was sitting in it. MD90s most common. I was sitting there at 10 am one icrew to book it, once got beat by 15 sec. In the winter frequency went down a lot, I think to 5 flights a day most days. That really tightening things up.

I used SWA a few times, they were great.

Relative seniority is always going to get you a better schedule for your commute. Which means the 88 or 717. Take a look at NYC as well.

Long term, SLC is much closer and there are a lot of flights, but I think mostly RJs and I hear it's pretty competitive. MSP is a little closer and I understand you still got to book the JS most days.

Commuting sucks, good luck

Last edited by Sputnik; 09-05-2016 at 06:46 AM.