Thread: FedEx Hiring
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 08:59 AM
P1lotseanjr
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Hello Everyone!

Sorry in advance for this long post...Im hoping I can get some career advise/guidance towards setting up the right career path to eventually fly with FedEx.

A little about me...
Im a former Army Paratrooper that became interested in aviation only after sitting for hours in the bellys of C130's and C17's before making a high performance exit out the side. Im currently flying a Pilatus for a 135 EAS operation in Phoenix and have a little experience with the cargo side of things when I flew for a company doing inter-island cargo in Hawaii in a shorts 360. Im still very low time (800 hrs) and know I need ALOT more to even be competitive.

Can any current or former FedEX pilots Pm me and maybe share their story /career path to what eventually landed them their BIG break? With aviation the way it is, and the possibility of lots more hiring in the future, Im just not sure what is the best way to get to where I want to be. I have no family in Aviation and trying to pave my own path. I was told once that "You'll never know if you made the right decisions until you retire"...well im hoping any advice I can get will help me be better informed with making these decisions. Im approaching R-ATP mins and not sure if i should go to a 121 regional as an FO, or upgrade in the Pilatus under 135 and build PIC....ANY and all info would be greatly appreciated!!