View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 11:44 PM
Paid2fly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by stringandrudder View Post
I thought about this a bit too. I researched the fall of Comair and from what it seems, the situations are completely different. While yes both Comair and Endeavor were/are wholly owned by Delta, the approach by Delta is completely different.

Comair was a successful company for many years and was able to turn large profits. However, post 9/11, things went sour everywhere. Delta's approach to running Comair was mostly laissez-faire, or hands off. They used an aging computer system which caused a crash during Christmas eve, which crippled the Delta network for days. Things just got worse from there and finally they pulled the plug.

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan etc., had a similar fate, but the bankruptcy restructuring allowed them to emerge as a Delta WO'd, but this time, Delta took over everything, from checklists to uniforms, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current fate of Endeavor looks a lot brighter than that of Comair's, simply because of Delta's involvement with the company, which is the opposite of how they ran Comair.

Delta owned ASA at one point too, and decided to "unload" them. Who can say how things will end up?