Gets Weekends Off
CVG767A
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2005
  • Position
    767ER capt
Quote: Oh I can see it now. Delta guys are gonna get scammed. Remember the whole "keep Delta our Delta" routine that management was cheerleading when USAirways was knocking on the door? Well do you think management will still be touting "keep Delta our Delta" when they decide to have a friendly discussion with NWA about merging? I doubt it. I can't wait to hear Delta management tripping all over themselves when trying to explain their way out of that one.

The employees will be hung out to dry yet again while the top managers at NWA and Delta will be paid millions in retention bonuses or retirement packages after the successful merger. And what will ALPA do about it.......uh, nothing.
Most of us understand that the KDMD campaign was specifically to keep us from merging with that mangy dog of an airline in PHX. We were all aware of the talks that occurred with NWA over the past year or so. This isn't a surprise, and it makes some strategic sense.

As was mentioned, we're going to have be careful with this guy. 1) He is a lawyer. 2) He learned this business from Lorenzo. 3) He comes from NWA, which isn't exactly the poster child for good mgmt./labor relations.

A number of NWA guys have told me that he's okay, but I'm bracing for the worst. I would have greatly preferred Whitehurst; I hope they can talk him into staying, though I don't know in what capacity.