Thread: Delta Info
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 AM
sully606
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
It is a 24 hr call out window. When you are on short call it is 24 hrs long. The will not make you fly a domestic rotation after 12 of the 24 hrs. If they call you for a int'l rotation I believe it is a 12 hr call out ( IE must have rest of 12 hrs for ensuing duty period)
First in anwser to Gunfighter's question:

Assignment to short call requires a 10 hour notice. Add the two hour (unofficial) report and you have 12 hour call like a long call assignment.

Being called out on a domestic trip (rare) requires compliance with the Whitlow letter for crew rest. That's why domestic short call is only 12 hours.

Short call on international is normally 24 hours usually from 1300-1300. There is no requirement to comply with the Whilow letter so they can use the Intl. pilot for an intl. trip more liberally. I have been assigned one trip while on short call for next-day flying. The sign-in was 1505 so they took me off shortcall at 0300 which gave me 12 hour rest for the trip.

I talked with the Chief pilot last week and they said they are considering going to 12 hour short call for various reasons. There doesn't seem to be any contractual restriction to keep them from doing this and personally this would be a good thing.