Old 09-10-2016, 07:26 PM
RJSAviator76
Gets Weekend Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

If you are a higher time regional captain and you haven't been called, don't despair. Average civilian newhire at my SWA class had anywhere from 7,000 to 15,000 hours.

If you aren't getting called, don't despair, but take some time to reflect on what's going on.

How many of us are lazy and don't take time to put precise numbers on the pilot application? Does your application say you have 12000 hours total time, 4000 turbine PIC? Really? Are you sure it's not 11,925 and 4,058 as EMB-145 captain? Get your logbook totals added up correctly and accurately.

Did you correctly indicate when your last flight was after you last updated your flight time?

Is your application complete with full 10 year background check? Do NOT rely on the application system checkers - make sure it's all covered.

What is your listed availability date? 2 weeks notice? Specific date 3 months from now? I'd pick a date 3 months from time you update.

Did you update your medical date on your application?

Did you list any volunteerism?

Two things to remember gents:

Your application is scored by a COMPUTER PROGRAM, and it is that program that selects you for the next stage. That means you need to have your i's dotted and t's crossed correctly. If you don't, your application will be disregarded as incomplete or with errors by the system, and you won't get called.

Once you think you have it corrected, ask a friend or pay a service provider to look your application over. Paying $100 or whatever it costs for app review is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

Hope this helps.