View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 10:01 AM
SUX4U
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: B756 FO

Originally Posted by iFlyRC View Post
Perhaps you should dump the algorithms, and computer firewall and just hire the pilots with experience? Obviously something is wrong if experienced people feel a need to downgrade their job to get through to you for an interview?
I would love to see that become the norm. But you and I both know HR departments will never let that happen.

My personal perspective is that the CPP stuff at United only hurts the qualified off the street candidates even more than before. Every seat at United given to a CPP makes it that much harder for an off the street pilot. I know the numbers taken up by CPP's aren't huge, but it still has a negative impact on all of those 10-15 year 121 RJ captain's, corporate pilots, ULCC, etc.

Now because of this little recruitment incentive, many pilots I know are getting anxious and ready to make a huge career gamble and move to C5. I keep telling them to hold off and be patient, but it wasn't too long ago that I was in there shoes getting frustrated. We hired much fewer pilots than planned this year due to next years decreased growth plans and our training center consolidation. Now that things are going to stabilize again with hiring, I'm really hoping the numbers stay high and all the qualified guys fighting to get on here will get the call without having to start over at a regional. Regardless of how anyone gets here, it will be worth the struggle and we will all welcome you with open arms.