View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 02:36 AM
gzsg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Default New MEC Officer Elections In November

The MEC will elect a new chairman and MEC officers at the November meeting,

Their 2 year term will begin in January 2017.

That is about 60 days from now.

Captain Dickson will have to think long and hard about his position. Absent a deal, he will face a new MEC chairman.

The new MEC chairman appoints all committee positions except the negotiating committee and merger committe which are elected by the 19 voting members of the MEC. The new reps elected this fall will begin their terms on April 1st, 2017. So the sitting MEC will elect the new MEC chairman and other officers.

There is a lot at play here.

One major point to consider is if we should table negotiations and wipe the slate clean for the next chairman.

For me as one of almost 14,000 Delta pilots, I favor this direction. The concessions are unacceptable for the most profitable pilots in the world.

The Delta pilots have made over $15 Billion in concessions to date. Far more than any other party by billions.

We have made Mr. Bastian rich beyond his wildest dreams. And, quite frankly, good for him. The disconnect is he has chosen to take the position that the Delta pilots bankruptcy concessions are a permanent reset.

That doesn't fly with me.

If Mr. Bastian has almost $4 Billion per year to return to the Delta shareholders, DELTA PILOT CONCESSIONS ARE NO LONGER NECESSARY OR ACCEPTABLE.