Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 09:17 AM
frmrbuffdrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Flyboyxc91 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm just looking into the 135 side to finish my 1500 and get to the regionals. A little tired of the day to day instructing although it's not horrible and I actually get paid well I'm looking at alternative options for the next year to finish

I live in Phoenix and would appreciate the guidance on how many hours as SIC initially I could expect and how long would it take me to upgrade into an airframe after hitting IFR mins 135? I wouldn't accept a route that flies the short 1-2 hours a day type flying. What are the routes like out of Phoenix for flight time and upgrading into airframes? Thanks

Times:

900TT
390 XC
80 Instrument
75 Night
720 PIC
96 multi

Instrument current, high performance, complex endorsed, 200 hrs G1000 experience including dual given.

CFI/CFII/MEI - 1.5 yrs working CFI 6 months on G1000 glass

College degree, no check ride failures
The easiest question to answer is the one about upgrade. Once you hit 135 IFR mins (1200 TT) we will work to upgrade you as soon as possible. Unless you are an FO on the E120, you aren't making us any money flying as an FO (unless there is low visibility for take off.) So we want you in the left seat as soon we can. And there is no reason to delay it any because we don't have to find a replacement for you to send you to class.

As for time on the runs, I can't speak to that for PHX. The only run I have flown out of there is the E120 run to Hermesillo Mexico. On that run the pilots get just under 3 hours per day.

One thing. You mention twice in your qualifications about your time with a G1000. For our aircraft, that isn't much of a plus. While we are working on outfitting the entire fleet, right now only about half of our aircraft have GPS. So I would recommend taking some time to be sure you are up to date with basic instrument (VOR, NDB, airway navigation) before you come to class. It will make your training go MUCH easier.