View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 03:18 PM
OscartheGrouch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: B737/Capt

Originally Posted by REAL Pilot View Post
Perhaps instead of trashing a proud legacy, you might focus on raising the bar instead of riding the wake from others sacrifice- for once.

Carpe Diem
RP,

First of all I have never ridden anyones's wake to be where I am today! If you want to raise the bar do it for yourself and all your fellow employees at your airline or wherever you are employed. I will be raising the bar for all the employees at SWA and not my particular pilot group alone. I have hundreds of friends at SWA who have families that are asking for their fair share of the benefit pie and I am not going to shove a contract down the throats of our management because up until now they have been fair when dealing with us.

When I came to SWA most of my pilot friends couldn't understand why I didn't want to work for a legacy. Well fortunately for myself and my family I seem to have made a good decision. According to one of the UAL pilots who posts on this forum I have a "life sentence" on the 737. This inmate is currently blessed by the Lord with never having to work on a holiday, weekend, fly a red-eye, or work what we here at SWA call a PM, unless I choose to. Quite the prison cell I have fallen in to. Unless something drastic like a merger/buyout or raising the bar too far happens I can pretty much count on things staying the same in my jail cell. As far as Lambourne determing that someone has "aircraft envy" at SWA I am sure there a few but most have resigned themselves to their pitiful life sentence on the old guppy.

I had a jumpseater stick his head in the cockpit and mention something about us raising the bar for them in our current contract negotiations. Well after he left I looked over at my FO and said I'll be raising the bar for SWA and he may benefit from the old "trickle down" theory.