View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 04:02 PM
OscartheGrouch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: B737/Capt

BTW I certainly have sympathy for all the legacy guys and gals who have gone through life changing experiences (furloughs, bankruptcies, stolen pensions, etc.). All I am trying to say is that SWA is a different animal in many different ways. Will things stay the same? Probably not and I hope our culture doesn't suffer too much from growth. I will tell you that it already has changed and our challenges are to evolve into a company that remains fiscally smart and plans for when times will be bad as they inevitably will be for all airlines again.

As far as bashing the legacies I simply pointed out the current state of their benefit packages. Will they improve? I hope so for the sake of all their employees/retirees. I just don't see the cash and profits necessary to justify all these big boasts about "getting it all back" and plus some. Who knows even SWA's profits have been minimal lately and if it wasn't for the genius of Gary Kelly and his Fuel hedging program our salaries might have suffered. Time will tell and as I said in my previous post I will continue to count my blessings.