View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 05:26 PM
ukaviator
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by Free Flyer
You mentioned your dream jobs, so go to their website to see what they want in order to be picked up. Some airlines require ME turbine part 121. So keep that in mind. It will affect your overall decision.

You mention that you don't want to go to a regional and I'm not sure what the reason for that is, but if you don't have any 121 experience, sometimes you have to go that route. The majors like to see part 121 time because it helps them to see that you can "get along with passengers" and the like. Yeah, boxes don't complain, but people do, so they want somebody that is a people person.

I keep hearing bad things about the regionals such as low pay, unstable companies, bankruptcy, miserable co-workers, and also that right seat RJ time is useless ... mmm sounds like fun
Now all this i have read here in the forums, so before anyone gets all defensive, im just quoting what i have read, so be gentle!
I, just like others, dont want to make the wrong move and be stuck somewhere that isnt progressive to my career.

That being said .... if i went to a regional to get 121 time as you suggested, would it be better to go to say coex or mesa to fly right seat in the RJ, or someone smaller like colgan and fly right seat 1900 or SAAB?
Anyone you know that upgraded quickly?

I would be interested to hear any suggestions.