View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 06:13 PM
Cogf16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: VEOP Retired! 7ER A was last position

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
I'd bet that if we operated them at the mainline, with our current rates (especially once adjusted for C15, but even if not) we'd have a line out the door from current type qualified pilots wanting to come over and fly them. I don't think C scale means what you think it means. You think those rates are low, go to a regional and fly them with no mainline number and regional work rules. We would get all the pilots we wanted for a long time if we flew those planes here under current book.

We're always going to want more pay (duh) so according to your logic, we should always give up more large RJ's. If that is your logic, then its reasonable to assume at some point (probably the next contract) you will be in favor of even more of them (as long as we get paid lol!) and eventually higher weights/larger seat counts.

Nope. They already have an absolutely massive "armada" (10 points to Gryffindor for who coined that little gem) of RJ's and ultra large RJ's flying around at outsourced providers. That number needs to be reduced, not increased.
No chance we'd have "a line out the door" to fly right seat of an RJ. what would it pay, 90 bucks an hour?

And you make quite a leap with my "logic" I make judgments on each individual part of a potential deal. this one seems reasonable to me if it "unlocks" status quo PS or JV, not to mention full retro. You're just dying to say NO, aren't you?