Thread: Possible TA?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 07:17 AM
TED74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Cogf16 View Post
I agree that vacation/training pay need increased. I could live with 3:45 pay and credit(and maybe higher for training, like 5. shouldn't "lose" money going to training).
But you'd vote for it with 5 hrs. pay for these, but you're an easy NO if its only 3:45??? Your vote changes for 1:30 or so on this pay???? Wow. That's probably less than 3 or 4 % of the value of the increases. Full retro and PS is probably 70K in 2 checks we'd receive in the next 6 months. I'd get over the reduced training/vacation pay if it came to a vote
Sounds like the company has an easy path to yes with voters like me, then, if we're not far apart. You say you could live with 3:45 pay and credit, but the company hasn't even gotten that "generous" in any offerings I've seen (also not reflected in this statistically irrelevant poll).

I don't need more money. My PS check will be adequate as is. Do I WANT more money? Sure, I won't turn that down. But not in the absence of what I DO need, which is more time off and more schedule control. I have no interest in being industry-trailing in these aspects. In other posts, I've offered to accept more weeks of vacation if they want continue paying and crediting it poorly.

I asked my 4 year old if she'd rather have me home more over the next 14 years, or have more money in my bank account. She chose the former, as did my wife.