Thread: Mesa 3.0
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 04:26 PM
flapshalfspeed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by squawkoff View Post
BINGO! You nailed it!

Also all the *****ing about the schedules, the reserve time, the shrinking bases (Envoy used to have 7 bases now only 2.) And let's talk about the flow. AMR and now AAG have used the flow carrot for over 15 years. Now they're advertising 2.5 year upgrades and 6 year flow. Guys that were in my class in 2010 are just now able to hold CA so I know the 2.5 upgrade is bogus. I just don't trust AAG at the regional level. And PSA has the reputation of just what iFlyRC said. Crusty ****ed of ComAir guys that take their frustration out on new hires.

Also I will not commute for a regional and at the time Mesa was my only option for DFW. I had an interview scheduled at envoy about 6 months before Mesa and they told me I would be based in ORD. Nope!
You can rationalize your choice to come to Mesa any which way you want--the fact of the matter is this: someone who instead chose to go to Envoy when you chose to come to Mesa, and who bucked up and commuted to ORD for Envoy for 3 months, by now is a DFW lineholder for Envoy, with a comparable upgrade time, a boatload more career earnings expectation, better health insurance & travel benefits, and he or she will also be sitting in the left seat of a widebody well before you ever touch one.

You guys seem afraid of training events at PSA/Envoy--are you unsure of your capabilities or what? Lol.

AA wasn't committed to the flow back in the great stagnation. It sure as heck looks like they're committed to it now. The bitter 10-year flows/upgrades back in the day aren't bitter now that they're at AA--trust me I've talked to plenty of them on my commute.