View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 09:08 AM
I miss my dog
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by miapilot View Post
i applied for ASI - General Aviation - at the end of August (only 2 weeks ago today). I'm in the same boat, waiting. I'm certainly well qualified, but don't know what they are looking for exactly on the KSA's. I did use a book from the library about how to fill that out. I was confused by the question did that lead to a degree. Heck, college was over 25 years ago. So I answered some questions that steered towards college courses and some (which I didn't check the "lead to a degree" box) by using work experience. I did NOT use all the allowable space like some had on the KSA's. I also changed my resume from a one page to four page and incorporated some of the KSA's answers into that. So I don't know if I get less points (also non veteran) for how I filled the application out.

I'm also willing to move anywhere although it pains me to relocate to say, GRR. I did hear a story recently of a newhire (general aviation) who didn't want to move to CMH and was able to stay in CLE. I certainly don't want to take the chance like the above poster and continue to wait for a position to open up where I want to go. This thread has been invaluable for information so thanks to all for keeping us informed. I will do the same if I hear anything.

Who knows? Friend applied shortly before me for ASI AC. He is ridiculously qualified. Hasn't heard a word. I applied, got called, did a good interview, and haven't heard anything since. Unfortunately, getting an offer and doing the check ride for a final offer before Sept 30 looks pretty unlikely for any of us at this point. Don't mean to be a downer - best of luck to all. I think the rumors on here that there were almost no applicants was greatly exaggerated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk