View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 12:13 PM
ag386
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by Buzzlightyear View Post
Facts are that our schedules are at all time lows at least on the EMB and CRJ. Days off are down to 2 in between 4 day trips. After 16 years with this place I still bid 4 day trips. Can't hold dailies...can't hold 2 day trips. We actually don't have either. Three day trips are nearly non existent. Your choice is 4 day, CDO or RSV regardless of your seniority. Much worse airlines have much better schedules. By my count the schedules have been deteriorating for about three years. For three years the pilots and union have been advocating for better trips. For years, YEARS we've told them to help us and themselves out. Finally they reassigned a few AAG dudes....after three years. Pardon me if I don't jump for joy. I was hoping to work two day trips again before flowing but 16 years in I will work 4 day trips until I leave...maybe with two days off in between. I'll be fortunate to see above 75 hours pay credit with partial weekends off. The temporary pay increases and bonuses and a good step in the right direction. A great second step would be to return to the historical norm of past schedules. A mix of dailies, two days, three day and four day trips. A fleet commitment past 40 aircraft would be a logical third step. These things aren't just about the pilots. They help the airline with morale, recruitment and efficiency.
This is a very clear and accurate picture of the schedules at Envoy.