View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Nevada
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Buzzlightyear View Post
Hey beef,

We would love to have you. I'll help with what I can.
RSV rules: Unfortunately the company is pre assigning its pilots to 4am RAP on day one. This blows for obvious reasons. We're waiting on a ruling from an arbitrator. Schedules are typically 4 or 5 on 3 off. Most get used every day. The RSV flying isn't tedious. A lot of lost overnights and 1 leg first days.
Insurance: don't know premiums for single guys. Insurance is ok. Our contribution % is contractually increasing yearly by 1% a year I believe.
Commuter: 2 flight commute policy. This generally works well. It's not been a hot button issue.
Upgrade: Currently the ORD CRJ is the junior upgrade. DFW EMB145 is close behind. Expecting another vacancy in October and this could change quickly.
Base selection: If you take the 145 you can easily get DFW.
Line: DFW 145 is Feb 2014. ORD 145 is Jan 2015. ORD CRJ is Aug 2015. DFW 175 is Apr 2016.
3 days off: To me it seemed like out of 154 lines on the 145 in DFW more than half had 2 days off in between trips. The 70 some that did have some 3 days off in between weren't all 3 days off in between. They had some two days off mixed in. So maybe 50 lines or 1/3 of the lines are 3 days off. Those 3 day lines are mostly 14 day off. The two day off trips are 11 day off. Out of those decent 50 lines at least half are built to or below guarantee. Then you have the other metrics...commutability, weekends off etc.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info Buzz! All info I was previously asking for!