View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 09:17 AM
ewrbasedpilot
HOSED BY PBS AGAIN

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by luv757 View Post
Another dumb question: why are we not as well armed as the company with professional negotiators? PBS, work rules, wages, and staffing all need to be fixed yesterday. As a group we all better get on the same page. I am junior, the 757/767 crew rest seat doesn't affect me. But you better believe that I realize that one day I won't be so junior and one day I would like to fly the 757/767 or the 777. I will vote no to the first offering and any subsequent offering that takes away anything from any portion of the pilot group.

We better unify or management will get exactly what they want: mainline flying that may as well have "Operated by (insert regional carrier name here)" on the side of every airplane.
I've always wondered the same thing. How is it that managements attorneys always seem to be lightyears ahead of ALPA's? You'd think after 75 years of doing this stuff, we'd have better representation than we've got. As for the crew rest seat....our union gave it away, and now we're ****ed at the company for not giving it back. Voting "no" just to vote "no" isn't the answer either. Sometimes you end up with a lot less than you started with. DAL learned that the hard way.