View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 07:27 PM
TED74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Planetrain View Post
This is true, but when I say everyone has a chance at a particular rotation, it would have to be a rotation no one bid for in PBS.

That is, the bid packet has every rotation, pilots submit bids for the month, PBS awards... and then every single pilot in category would have to purposely NOT bid for a particular trip AND be openA/openB. Only then could they pull the trip for OE, AND it would be subject to your other restrictions.

My point is after PBS initial runs, only garbage trips are left in the pot, and they would have to be double-garbage to have both openA/openB. If by some freak accident you forgot to bid for said trip, the company only has one chance to pull the trip before you get to PCS for it again.

This is remarkably different than OE trip pulls in the failed TA. The problem with that methodology was there was an extremely toxic provision where the LCA trips - the Venices, Stuttgarts, Munichs, etc would be removed from senior pilots. And all the cascading issues associated.

This new proposal is more like the 5-leg day Daytons and Flints that would be in leftover garbage land. And you would have had a chance to bid them in PBS first.
This takes some sting out of it, but I still fear second- and third-order I may not anticipate. And I'm not sure unstacking doesn't necessarily cause junior bidders to potentially miss a desirable trip that without the provision he might be able to swap into. I certainly think this proposal is better than TA15. But since TA15 is by definition "nothing", that ain't saying much. Don't let anchor bias lead you to believe something is better than it really is.