Thread: Possible TA?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 06:28 AM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
I am very seriously considering pulling down the poll or at least unsticking it. How is a poll that is open to all of APC valid for DAL Pilots?

This poll is probably not indicative of anything. If you want to see the DAL Pilot only results go to Chit Chat, but that poll will suffer from an extreme selection bias.

The Chit Chat poll is running about 92-8 against. But about the only thing that poll is good for is to compare it to the Chit Chat poll during the TA. If I recall correctly that poll ran about 98-2 against.

Scoop
I think you should leave it. I agree that the fact OAL pilots could participate skews it, but OAL pilots can participate in all of our discussions anyway. I can think of at least one Horizon pilot that practically lived here. There is really no way to validate that anyone is a Delta pilot, poll or no poll. It's a by-product of the anonymous/public format.

The other thing that's good about it, is that it shows how truly out of touch APC and CC are with the pilot group. The fact that APC is anonymous, and the "poll" less lopsided tells me that people are at least a little more comfortable that they might not get bullied when posting. There still aren't enough posters to be indicative of anything, and from what you're saying, it's difficult to filter out multiple user names. So the most revealing thing about it is that social media is dominated by those on the narrow "no" side of the bell-curve.